GREEKFLIX™ besides being the “hang out” spot intends to expand Greek Fraternities and Sororities by improving and sustaining the social development of all fraternities across the board to include professional, academic, service or honorary societies. GREEKFLIX™ is the New Greek Hot Spot for Greeks to set up their own website and network above and beyond the Greek Community.
2. How did this site come about?
Well, we love Greek life, and with thousands of Fraternities and Sororities websites, and different communities developing on blogs, network sites, we got tired of one searching for them all. Therefore, we decided to bring them all into one and create a community for all Greeks in all councils to unite. Thus, the start of our motto, “College.RushNow.Unite Forever.” In the spring of 2007, we started to capture college life moments on video. There have been great big changes in the way people shoot video, increasingly on small digital cameras instead of camcorders. GREEKFLIX™ started archiving and collecting videos recorded by college students to show memorable moments of their college Greek life days. Now, GREEKFLIX™ continues its’ mission to become the ultimate college reality TV Network, capturing clips of all college Greek events. Events to include community services, staff meetings, marathons, educational and academic programs; and let’s not forget the exciting Greek picnics, parties, boat trips, pool parties, senior balls and other social affairs.
3. How does the site work?
Sign up. First to sign up to the Fraternity/Sorority Chapter page, you become the admin for your chapter. Post a profile photo. Chat with other Greeks Worldwide. Have all your members create member pages and assign them to your chapter. Post news, events, Upload Full Photo albums, with no limits. Contact us if, interested in creating an exclusive chapter site with even more explosive features. Having a huge event and want us to do an email blast and post your event on the Front Page Events, contact us, we can even do a promo video in our events mini Viewer. Get our monthly newsletters advertising Greek life events Worldwide. Utilize your Links button to make Money$$, post business links that sponsored your college Greek Event. Post news about the event so that they know it actually occurred and was successful. Throwing a little or big bash out of town? Perhaps having your regional chapter meeting and conference in another state. Why not have it on a boat, in Vegas, the Virgin Islands. Anywhere you choose, book and plan your event on GREEKFLIX™ travel site.
4. I have my own F/S site, why use GREEKFLIX™ ? GREEKFLIX™ is unique for a number of reasons:
• Forums, News, Hot Spots, Night Life
• Share photos, videos, and links with members outside your Organization
• Chat online with Greeks World Wide and Network
• Create exclusive Channel Page as the administrator for all your members
• View Greek Advisors Profiles at Colleges World Wide.
• Plan yearly Conferences and Travel with the GREEKFLIX™ Travel Network
• Promote your events and obtain exclusive sponsorship support
• Greek Event Calendars
• Even more features to come for organizations with channel pages.
5. Is GREEKFLIX™ Free?
Yes, GREEKFLIX™ is free for members to post videos, photos, links, etc as well as for guess and members to view video clips across the Greek Community on the Fraternity/Sorority Section of the site. The GREEKFLIX™ Premium Channel Sites has an initial setup fee for Greeks and Business Networks and Sponsors have a setup fee and a yearly maintenance fee. Contact us for information on how to create a Premium Channel page, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
1. What is my password? Click here to have your password resent to you.
4. How do I delete my profile? Click here and let us know you would like your account deleted.
1. How do I report offensive behavior by a user? o You can report offensive behavior to Customer Service. Click here to email us, or directly at email@example.com
Posting & Promoting Events
1. How do I post an event?
• Log in to your user account.
• Upload the image of the event in your photo upload section.
• Once images in present in your archives of Greek pictures, Click on the Add an Event in your user account.
• Write an image name to browse your uploaded pictures.
• Write a title and description for your event, and click the update button.
2. How can I delete my event posting or a duplicate of my posting? In your account page, event listing, click the delete button. All events on the Main GREEKFLIX™ events page will be deleted within 24hrs after the event.
3. What is the best way to maximize views of my event? o Make sure the event has a picture. o Does it have an interesting title and description? o Make sure it has a venue o Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to post it on the main page. o Contact us to do an email blast to all our members o Contract us to film, take pictures and promote your site or event. (This option in currently only available in the Tri-State Area (NY,PA,NJ).
4. Who do I contact to obtain a Photo/ Videographer for my event? Contact email@example.com, our VP of Marketing and Sales. Videos & Uploads
1. How do I upload videos to GREEKFLIX™ ? First you must be a registered user. Once you have registered, sign-in and then click Upload Video. Go to the upload section of your user account. Remember! Title, description, category is mandatory, these items bring your clips to life and makes them easier to find by your members. The more information attached to the clips they are easier to market in search engines.
2. What type of Video Formats can I upload? GREEKFLIX™ accept the following formats (.wmv, avi, mpeg2, or 4, quicktime (.mov) however we prefer all files be uploaded as Macromedia Flash (.flv). Since this is a GREEK Community, all videos are subject for review before posting. Please allow adequate time for your video that’s non .flv to post. We are still working on a more rapid method to post videos. If for some reason you are having a little trouble uploading content, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. What are the size limitations of my videos? It’s best to keep all videos from 30 seconds to 4 minutes in length to maximize views. Its best to keep your video size at no more than 15 megabytes in file size. For longer feature events such as Banquets, Conferences, etc., create a channel page, with higher standards and limitations.
4. How can I rate the videos and post comments? To rate a video you must first be registered, watch a video and click the rate this video button or icon. One star in the lowest and five is the highest. After viewing a video you cand post a comment under the video description.
5. Where else will my videos be played? GREEKFLIX™ will not play your videos on no other site. We will however play our videos that we exclusively recorded, whether by invite or by contracted services. To generate more publicity and market your videos, we recommend you invite users my email, or send them a link with the URL of the video you uploaded.
6. Will you edit or make changes to my videos? GREEKFLIX™ is owned by a MCUBE ENT GROUP LLC, a multi-Media marketing company and they only edit videos they were invited to or contracted for, GREEKFLIX™ will only edit, change or make corrections to the format for better display on the site. 6. What Type of videos can I post? Any type of videos pertaining to College or Greek life that (at our sole discretion) are appropriate and can be posted on GREEKFLIX™ . We (The GREEKFLIX TV NETWORK) enjoy watching philanthropy videos and so do our and your future sponsors. Remember, you are representing your Organization, have fun, but let’s show the world, the deep inner meaning and the dedication it takes to be a part of a Non-Profit Organization, what it means to be GREEK. WE SO ROCK!!!
7. Does GREEKFLIX™ selectively pick which videos to run? Since we provide users with the option to upload their own content, they become administrators of their own site. We therefore do not exclude videos from running unless (at our sole discretion) the content is not appropriate or over the required megabytes. Videos are play randomly on the Videos page, the most popular videos will usually show up on the Front page.
8. Do you follow copyright laws? Yes, GREEKFLIX™ recognizes the value and potential of personal publishing on the Internet; however GREEKFLIX™ a division of MCUBE ENT GROUP LLC can not accept responsibility for the content of the Internet. Our Videos bearing the GREEKFLIX™ LOGO are exclusively recording by the GREEKFLIX™, the videos not bearing the GREEKFLIX™ LOGO are images or videos utilize through or by other Internet Networks to showcase the Fraternity or Sorority, and are views of the page authors. Please see our Terms and Conditions for more information.
I have more questions?
The success of our site depends on your questions and comments, don’t hesitate to contact GREEKFLIX™ representative at email@example.com.