Honey has been used for beauty enhancement for centuries. It can help treat and moisturize dry and flaky skin. It can also protect your skin from UV rays and the damages it can cause.
People have been using honey for their skin or hair, but recently, it is gaining popularity as a natural facial moisturizer. There are testimonials online that show how honey helped them get rid of disgusting acne and pimples on their face. Honey also helped them improve the wrinkled spots by making these flaws less visible.
If you do your research, you’ll find out that honey is antibacterial and antimicrobial. It is good for the skin regardless if the skin type is dry, oily, or normal. Honey can take care of those stubborn scars left by your acne. It can give you these benefits because it is rich with minerals and antioxidants, which your skin needs. To have a healthy skin, you should use products that have pH level of 4.5 to 5.5, and raw honey’s pH is at 4.5.
Here is an easy to follow guide on how to use honey as a natural facial moisturizer:
Make a facial mask
- Look for the best quality honey; make sure it is the purest you can find. Honey has natural regenerative elements. With a higher quality honey, it is easier to get the best results you want.
- Use a mild cleanser to wash your damp face. In a circular motion, rub the cleanser gently on your skin. Rinse your face with water and then pat it dry using hand towel.
- Again, in a circular motion, put some honey on your face. Start from your hairline, down to your ears, until under your chin. To make sure it has the best moisturizing and nourishing effect, leave it on your face for five to ten minutes.
- Use lukewarm water to rinse the honey off your face. Gently pat your face to dry it off. You will notice the positive effect immediately after you pat your face dry. You will feel refreshed and you will have a softer skin texture.
If you have a more sensitive skin, you can boil the honey on low heat to warm it up before you do all the steps indicated above.
Combine it with natural ingredients
- Honey is very beneficial to your face; mixing it with other ingredients will make it even better. Mix two tablespoon of orange juice and one cup of honey. This will moisturize and firm and tone your facial skin.
- Mash a peeled, cored apple and mix it with a tablespoon of honey using a blender. Pat it in your face down to your neck for about five to ten minutes. Then, use lukewarm water to rinse it off.
- You can also mix one tablespoon of honey with a ripe banana. Leave the mixture on for five to ten minutes. Use lukewarm water to rinse it off.
- Get half a cup of almond oil and mix it with half a cup of honey. Let the mixture stay for 15 to 30 minutes, then wash it using a wet washcloth. Then use cool water to rinse it.
- Combine ¼ cup of honey and oatmeal. Let the mixture stay on your face for 10 to 15 minutes. Use lukewarm water to rinse it.
You will see as you continue to use honey as a beauty product especially for your face, your skin will get softer and younger-looking.
Article Credit: Eva Magn